BIKE TOURING THE BELLUNO PROVINCE
Bike riding in the Belluno province in the Veneto is one of the most spectacular places to cycle you will find in Italy. The Belluno Province is the Heart of the Dolomite and the riding is for those who love to mountains and the joy of climbing on the bike. There are several rides at various levels of difficulty, climbs with average grades of 9% or climbs with average grades of 4%, with the right gear ratio's you can make your way though all the climbs in the Belluno province.
BIKE TOURING ROUTES IN THE BELLUNO PROVINCE
CLASSIC BIKE CLIMBS IN THE BELLUNO PROVINCE
- Passo Tre Croci from Cortina d'Ampezzo Bike Climb
- Passo Valles from Falcade Alto Bike Climb
- Cycle Passo Falzarego from Pocol
- Passo San Pellegrino from Cencenighe Bike Tour, Belluno Province
- Passo Duran to Dont Descent, Bike Touring | Belluno Province
- Passo Staulanza from Dont Bike Climb | Dolomites
- Bike Tour Passo Valles Riding the Climb from Cencenighe
- Passo Duran Bike Climb from Agordo | Dolomites
- Passo Pordoi Bike Climb from Arabba | Bike Touring Dolomites
- Tre Cima di Lavaredo from Cortina Bike Climb
- Passo Croce d'Aune Bike Climb From Ponte d'Oltra
- Passo Giau Bike Climb from Capria | Dolomites
- Passo Fedaia Bike Climb From Caprile | Dolomites
BEST TIME TO RIDE
The Dolomites bike season starts in the month of May, there are chances to ride in April if it has been a dry winter, but be prepared for all types of weather. Most of the hotels smaller ski towns will close down between 15 April until 15 May and 15 Sept until mid-November. And during August the mountains are full of day walkers, motorcycles, and everyone just wanting to see the beauty of the peaks.
WHERE TO STAY IN THE BELLUNO PROVINCE FOR BIKE TOURING
- Alleghe: This is a prefect location to ride 4-5 days without having to redo the same road.
- Arraba: Is a great place if you are only interested in doing the 4 passes, Giau loop, and Fedaia. Other wish you have to retrace routes if you want to do more passes.
- Cortina: Is only a good option for 2 days of riding. From Cortina you are in prefect positon to do Tre Cima di Lavaredo. Passo Giau and Passo Falzarego loop. then it is best to move over to Arabba or down to Alleghe.
- Other options to consider are Agordo, Feltre and then over in the Trento Province.
Many of these routes can be done during a one week vacation or less depending on your fitness level. If you goal is not just "pass bagging" spend the time to do the climb in multiple directions and many of the lesser known areas. Biking in Italy, and the Veneto can keep you busy during several visits and do not forget to take the time to do a hike or two.