FOLGARIA SKI RESORT | ITALY
Folgarida ski resort is located in the Trentino Alto Adige region of Italy. Folgarida is a great value resort that caters to all abilities. There are plenty of easy sunny slopes for beginners, and the area lift pass opens up 150km of skiing. Folgarida is also connected to Madonna di Campiglio resort and Marilleva. Folgarida resort is about 4 km up the road to Passo Carlo Magna and is a vacation destination for lots of families. The area has a small and friendly feel and there is an abundance of entertainment taking place in the hotels throughout the day and evening.
FOLGARIDA SKI RESORT VACATION DETAILS
- Resort Height 1300 meters a.s.l.
- Total Kms of Piste 150kms (including Madonna di Campiglio and Marilleva)
- Number of Runs - Easy 18 (39) - Intermediate 10 (20) - Difficult 4 (8)
- Number of Lifts 47 (1 cable car, 8 gondolas, 29 chairlifts, 9 drag lifts)
- Snow Making 64%
- Longest Run 3kms (8kms in Madonna di Campiglio)
- Mountain Restaurants 11
- Length of season Mid December - Mid March
- Ski-Train service with the Dolomiti Express on the way Trento-Malè-Marilleva. Discount on the ticket price for go and return if you buy a day skipass internal or Superskirama.
- 2 illuminated slopes for night skiing. In Folgarida at the end of the "Black" slope and in Marilleva on the slope "Biancaneve".
- 6 Ski and Snowboard School offer tapis roulant and fields first step equipped.
- 2 Kinderheim indoor on the slopes with support staff.
- Snowparks - Folgarida Marilleva SnowparX (1 Snowpark in Folgarida loc. Malghet Aut + 1 Snowpark in Marilleva loc. Panciana) with man-made structures and snow for the practice of freestyle. Track Slalom with Free timekeeping and video shooting SKIMOVIE, in Marilleva slope ‘Dos de la Pesa Facile’. Snowboard Parks 1 (in Madonna di Campiglio)
- Cross Country Skiing 22km available in Madonna di Campiglio, and in Val di Sole 4 km away.
Folgarida ski resort for Beginners
There's several gentle blue runs fed by a gentle chairlift and 2 drag lifts at the top of the gondola leading up from Folgarida - all around Monte Spolverino nursery slopes area. Plus, there's a nice blue run through the trees back to resort to practice those new skills on as the week progresses.
Folgarida ski resort for Intermediates
With recent investment in the lift system, it's easy to hop over to the prestigious ski area in Madonna di Campiglio, covered on an area pass. If you fancy a high milage finish to the day, don't miss the run down from Orso Bruno - 9km back to Folgarida without any lifts.For those into high mileage, it’s possible to ski all the way from Orso Bruno back to Folgarida town (over 9km) without taking a single lift.
Folgarida ski resort for Advanced
There's ample off piste opportunities around the entire area - look out for the off-piste itinerary around the back of Monte Spinale, local guides will be able to organise a trip to this area. For some 2km long, knee trembling blacks, try the steep Nera Folgarida and Nera Marilleva.
AFTER SKIING IN FOLGARIDA
The atmosphere is very Italian: relaxed and informal and generally quiet during the week. It is mainly centered around the hotels.
Night skiing, ice skating, cinema showing Italian films, Nordic walking excursions, snowshoe walking
GETTING TO THE FOLGARIDA SKI RESORT